Year 1 core modules
- Introduction to Social Work: Individuals, Families and Communities
- Mental Health and Social Work
- Social Work and the Law
- Social Work with Adults
- Social Work with Children and Families
Year 1 specialist modules
You will choose two of these modules:
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Managing Substance Use
- Loss, Dying and Bereavement
- Working with Young Offenders
Plus 20 practice skills training days across the first year.
Year 2 modules
You complete two practice modules and your dissertation, plus 10 practice skills training days across the year.
You are provided with two placements, 70 days in the first year and 100 days in the second year, which are designed to enable you to meet the Professional Capabilities Framework’s national occupational standards. Placements are provided in a range of voluntary and statutory agencies in a variety of settings.
The dissertation is 15,000–20,000 words long. Workshops are held to assist you, and you receive individual supervision from a member of staff with expertise in your chosen area of study.
* All modules are subject to availability.